The mandate of the Recovery Team is to promote the conservation and recovery of Ontario’s butterfly species-at-risk and their habitats.
In order to fulfill this mandate, we have identified the following short-term goals:
• Support activities that protect extant populations of Mottled Duskywing and their habitats.
• Complete and support activities which result in the re-establishment of Mottled Duskywing at formally occupied sites.
• Conduct and support research that fills in knowledge gaps identified in guiding recovery documents for Ontario’s butterfly species at risk.
• Support the creation and enhancement of butterfly species at risk habitat Oak Savanna habitat in Ontario.
• Provide support to land managers.
• Conduct and support public outreach and stewardship activities.
To achieve this goal, members of the Recovery Team support or are directly involved in a variety of current projects. In an effort to share information, collaborate on new projects, and discuss project challenges and strategies, we gather at least once per year for an all-day meeting.
Annual Recovery Team meetings to date have included:
• November 20, 2017, Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory
• November 15, 2018, Pinery Provincial Park Visitor’s Centre
• September 24, 2019, Toronto Zoo Atrium
• October 15, 2020, Virtual Meeting